Difference between revisions of "Frames, Menus, Toolbars, Pallets"
From Nova Documentation
|Line 122:||Line 122:|
Revision as of 01:46, 10 December 2014
In this section we explain each element of the Nova interface.
Nova has two frames, as shown below.
- a. Toolbar
- (discussed below)
- b. Simulator controls
- Sets the time parameters and runs the simulation; see Program Execution.
- c. Programming Pane
- Used for specifying global variables and functions; for submodels, also used to specify Properties and Methods.
- d. Model Canvas
- Design platform for component-based models.
- e. Dashboard
- Contains controls and visualizing elements for use during simulation execution.
- f. Console
- provides interactive access to the Nova runtime interpreter.
- g. Capsule set
- lists main and submodel capsules used in this project.
- a. Toolbar
- buttons for loading and saving NovaScript files; also duplicates of the simulation controls found on the main frame.
- b. Script Pane
- contains the current NovaScript program.;
- c. Console Pane
- duplicate of the Console Pane on the main frame.
|File||New Project||Clears the system and creates a new project|
|Recent Files||Shows recently opened project for selection|
|Reload||Rereads the current project into Nova|
|Browse Model Library||Opens a browsing window to allow selection of a project from the model library|
|New Nova Window||Opens a new empty main frame|
|Save Project||Saves the current project|
|Save As||Saves the current project, possibly in a new file|
|Import||Imports a selected project as a submodel|
|Export||Exports a submodel for import into another project|
|New Main Model||Creates a new main model layer, making the current main model into a submodel|
|New Sub Model||Creates a new submodel layer|
|Save Canvas as Image||Creates a jpg image of the current main frame|
|Edit||Undo||Undo the last gesture|
|Redo||Redo the last undone gesture|
|Cut||Remove the currently selected components and copy to the clipboard|
|Copy||Copy the currently selected components to the clipboard|
|Paste||Paste contents of the clipboard to the model canvas|
|Delete||Remove the currently selected components without copying|
|Select All||Select all components|
|Tools||Snap to Grid||Realigns all components with the underlying model canvas grid.|
|Arrow Snap||Redraws all arrows to have minimal length.|
|Convert to Pins||Converts selected Terms to Pins.|
|Create Phantoms||Adds phantom components corresponding to those currently selected|
|Edit Component Equations||Opens the Component Equation Panel, which permits editing of all component equations on the current level.|
|Arrows On||In this mode all arrows are visible.|
|Arrows Highlight||In this mode only those arrows for the component under the mouse are visible.|
|Arrows Off||In this mode no arrows are visible.|
|NovaScript Frame||Toggles script frame visibility.|
|Information||Toggles the information pane, containing documentation for the current level.|
|About (windows)||Shows version number, etc.|
|Window||Cycle Through Windows||Cycles focus through all open Nova windows|
|Bring All to Front||Moves all Nova windows forward on the desktop|
|Help||Nova Help Website||Brings up this document in a web browser|
- The main toolbar duplicates functionalities found in menu items
Pallet toggles and contextual help
- The next three buttons toggle (open/closed) the Component, Plugin and Code Chip pallets; these pallets are discussed below; the fourth button enables/disables contextual help.
Simulation controls and execution/development modes
- Simulation controls: Capture, load, etc. for executing simulations
- Stats Selector: Enables use of R statistical package within Nova
- Timeline view: Timeline view allows forward/backward simulation execution.
- Automode: When enabled, cause automatic re-execution of simulation when an input parameter changes.
- Top-level capture: When checked, capture always occurs at the top level regardless of the current model level in view.
- Simulation Runtime: user-specified clock parameters and integration method; displays current model time during execution.
- Simulation Speed: determines real-time simulation speed.
- Component Pallet: Select component for insertion onto model canvas. Components are described in Component Guide
- Plugin Pallet: Select plugin for insertion onto model canvas and/or dashboard. Plugins are described in Plugins
- Code Chip Pallet: Shows currently defined code chips for insertion onto model canvas. Code chips are described in Code chips